PDA Code of Conduct and Professional Standards
- The humanitarian imperative comes first.
- Aid is given regardless of the race, creed, or nationality of the recipients. Aid priorities are calculated on the basis of need alone.
- Aid is not used to further a particular political or religious standpoint.
- We respect culture and custom.
- We build disaster response on local capacities.
- We involve program beneficiaries in the management of relief aid and the recovery.
- We strive to reduce future vulnerabilities to disaster as well as meeting basic needs.
- We hold ourselves accountable to both those we seek to serve and those from whom we accept resources.
- In our information, publicity and advertising activities, we recognize disaster survivors as dignified humans, not hopeless objects.