Want to be a volunteer?
Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received.
—(1 Peter 4:10)
- Share your skills in ministries of service throughout the United States.
- Develop your gifts for service with both new and traditional partners of the church.
other opportunities to serve
Find ways for your church groups to serve for short-term projects.
Young Adult Volunteers
People ages 19-29 can serve for one year at sites around the world.
Who can volunteer?
- Mission Volunteers can be anyone ages 18 on up
Where can I serve as a volunteer?
- Opportunities include camps and conference centers, community centers, governing bodies, not-for-profit agencies, congregational life, child/adolescent care, health, refugee, older adult, higher education and social welfare ministries.
How can I start volunteering?
- Create a profile in One Door to get started.
- See the list of current opportunities.
- Contact the NVO Office with questions: (800) 728-7228, x5284.
Support volunteers across the country
The National Volunteers Office is supported by basic mission support dollars (unrestricted funds given to the General Assembly Mission Budget), restricted dollars (funds raised through special offerings like the Pentecost Offering), and supplementary dollars (funds raised through appeals like Extra Commitment Opportunities [ECO]).