Who we are
The mission of Multicultural Congregational Support
Assist the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)’s efforts in becoming the church intended to be as a multiracial, multilingual and multicultural community of faith and empower congregations and governing bodies as they seek to claim, live and celebrate the vision expressed in the Biblical mandate.
“When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place ...” (Acts 2:1)
“... no longer Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female ...” (Galatians 3:28)
“... a house of prayer for all peoples ...” (Isaiah 56:7b)
“... a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language ...” (Revelation 7:9)
“... all are one in Christ ...” (Galatians 3:28)
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations ...” (Matthew 28:19)
Raafat Girgis Associate for Multicultural Congregational Support
Raafat Girgis has been on the National Staff of the Presbyterian Mission Agency of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) since 2001, directing the office of Multicultural Ministries. For the last 12 years, this office has pioneered innovative and cutting edge programs of evangelism and racial and cultural diversity that have generated spiritual energy, equipped regional, national and international transformative leadership, and inspired multicultural church growth within the PC-(U.S.A.) as well as other parts of the world. The five major areas of this office focus on Holistic Evangelism, Multicultural Church Growth, Leadership development, Networking, and Ecumenical Partnership.
Raafat holds two undergraduate degrees and three Master’s degrees in social sciences, history and theology, in addition to five years of studies and research in the area of history and theology. His cross-cultural and interfaith relations experiences along with his multi-disciplined academic background contribute great insights to both classroom and sanctuary.
Raafat’ professional experience includes transformative leadership training, team building, teaching and consulting. As an ordained minister since 1982, Raafat has engaged in and advocated for a unified model of ministry for diverse communities. He envisions a culturally proficient church/community that intentionally takes the whole Gospel to the whole world and utilizes a holistic approach of ministry that equally emphasizes spiritual transformation and sweeping social justice. He pictures a church that provides the Good News to all people in a cup that they gratefully recognize and celebrate.
Multicultural Leadership Training and/or Individual Consultations
If you are seeking support or additional resources for multicultural ministries in your congregation or governing body, consultants may be available on a per diem basis. Please email Raafat Girgis for further information or assistance.
What we do
1. Providing leadership in developing strategies and programs and coordinating efforts for multicultural church growth and membership development.
2. Advocating for the promotion of spiritual development and empowerment with people of multicultural backgrounds.
3. Initiating and supporting the development of national and regional multicultural networks.
4. Identifying and providing resources that are meaningful to the growing diversity in the church.
5. Providing diversity leadership training for both clergy and laity.
6. Supporting the development of community building models that are culturally sensitive and respective for the historic ministries of the denomination’s multicultural churches.
7. Providing consultative services to and in partnership with governing bodies, seminaries and regional multicultural networks.
8. Providing support and consultative services to and in partnership with national and international ecumenical multicultural networks.
9. Developing ways to empower interracial and cross-cultural families, adoptee and adoptive parents.
10. Working with other Presbyterian entities and advocacy groups to ensure that the PC(USA) has an inclusive strategy for racial and cultural diversity representations.
Dear Servant of God, We are glad for your faith and truth which you have posted on your website which indicate that God has inspired you more about the coming Kingdom. We praise be to God because He has purpose why we have been directed to contact you to join our local congregation which have the Brethren who are 35 who are glad to have you as our spiritual leader who can inspire us more because our prayer is that we need to grow in the word so that even us can spread the word before the second coming of Jesus Christ . God bless you as we look forward to hear from you. yours in service Pastor pius