Mission co-workers serve in a variety of settings around the world and support the overall mission of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). They are compensated in one of several ways depending on the pattern of service and the nature of the position.
Assignments are generally in the areas of:
- Global education
- Community development
- Health ministries
- Peace and justice
- Interfaith dialogue
Mission co-workers are mature individuals who wish to live out their call to Jesus Christ through service to our partners around the world. Their call to service includes a commitment to partnership and mutuality in the work they perform.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ
- Ability to live a simple lifestyle
- Intercultural experience
- Language acquisition skills
- Professional experience or credentials which match the position
- A willingness to make a commitment to service
Mission co-workers must be willing to commit to an initial term of three years, with the possibility of longer term service.
In any given year, a limited number of mission positions are available. The positions are initiated by a requesting national church partner and represent a specifically defined need. Additionally, each position is prioritized based on available funding and urgency of need.
View open positions in One Door
For a full listing of all of the positions for which we are currently recruiting, please visit One Door.
Be sure to do the following:
- Choose a region of the world or look at them all.
- Click “mission service (international)” as one of your interests.
- Click the appropriate “ecclesiastical status.” One of these needs to apply to you in order to do international mission service.
You’ll get a list of positions. By double-clicking on the positions, you’ll get a full job description.