Boycott Israeli Settlement Products
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Involvement
decision to boycott
220th General Assembly approved a denomination-wide boycott of all Israeli products from occupied Palestinian territories by a 71% vote. Motion included:
- Call upon all nations to prohibit the import of products made by enterprises in Israeli settlements on Palestinian land.
- Call for the boycott of all Israeli products coming from the occupied Palestinian Territories. Products include:
- AHAVA Dead Sea Laboratories Beauty Products and dates grown by Hadiklaim, The Israel Date Growers Co-Operative Ltd, often marked by the brand names: King Solomon Dates and Jordan River.
- Other Israeli products made in occupied Palestinian Territories are listed at whoprofits.org.
- Direct the Stated Clerk to communicate this action to all other PC(USA) councils and entities and invite and strongly encourage those groups and organizations to endorse this boycott until significant progress toward Palestinian rights and independence can be reported to the General Assembly or General Assembly Mission Council.
- Read the full resolution
MESSAGE FROM GRADYE PARSONS, STATED CLERK OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
"As followers of Jesus Christ, we are called to practice peace in all of our relationships, including our economic ones. Desiring to be faithful to that call, the 220th General Assembly (2012) endorsed "a boycott of all Israeli products coming from the occupied Palestinian Territories." The General Assembly has chosen the witness of this boycott as a non-violent strategy for bringing the daily realities faced by Palestinians and Israelis alike closer to God's vision for the world." Read entire letter