Applying to The Academy for Missional Preaching
Am I a good candidate for this?
Yes, if you
- Are interested in helping God grow new Christians through preaching.
- Are passionate about the gospel.
- Want to help people understand the joy in the midst of the rigors of the Christian life in your preaching.
- Are interested in learning a more apologetic preaching while still retaining a high view of scripture.
- Want to improve your preaching through coaching by trained homileticians.
- Are open to receiving feedback on your preaching with a minimal amount of defensiveness.
- Are willing to think theologically about the task of preaching.
- Are in a new church development.
- Are interested in revitalizing the church.
- Can tolerate the ambiguity of exploring missional preaching while being a bit spoiled in a beautiful retreat setting.
So you think you’d like to apply
Great! Here’s what you need to do: Fill out the application form, which involves
- Reviewing the work required.
- Writing a 750-word explication of why you want to be a member of the Academy.
- Submitting a sermon tape/webcast site.
- Providing the bulletin and/or liturgy within which the sermon was preached.
- Providing a newsletter in print or a link to your church’s website.
Send the completed form, a sermon, liturgy or bulletin and church newsletter at least a month before your Academy starts to Teresa Stricklen
For more information
Contact the Rev. Dr. Teresa Stricklen, and she’ll be happy to talk with you.
Teresa Lockhart Stricklen, Ph.D.
Director, Academy for Missional Preaching
Associate for Worship
Office of Theology and Worship
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
100 Witherspoon St.
Louisville, KY 40202
Toll-Free (800) 728-7228, x5022
Fax (502) 569-8060
i wish to be part of the program
Is this training open to international students?
Edema-- Thanks be to God for your desire to preach the gospel! I have forwarded your message on to our missions people to see what possibilities there might be. Teresa Stricklen
Greetings to you at PCUSA.I would like to be part of this great preaching in Uganda.we do not have your church here or if any they are not many that i know of.is there a way for me to acquire some formal training through your office to actively preach the gospel here in Uganda?
Teresa, I was wondering if there is still space in the Missional Preaching Academy for this coming spring at Montreat. If so, I very well may apply. Thank you.