A diverse workplace
Organization shared values
The Presbyterian Mission Agency is a caring, compassionate and inclusive community called by God to fulfill the mandates of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Constitution, serving and leading the people of God through resources, programs and initiatives and the church of Jesus Christ through partnerships with our colleagues, congregations, governing bodies and ecumenical partners.
Our vision to become a culturally proficient organization is based on these shared values:
- We believe our purpose is to glorify and serve God, and that God’s grace inspires us to bring God’s love, justice and reconciliation into a diverse world.
- We believe we provide a living expression of the gospel when we honor God’s gift of diversity, respecting and encouraging the good in each of us.
- We believe seeking God’s will is integral to our decision-making process.
- We believe employing honesty, integrity and respect in our conversations and interactions with our colleagues and our constituencies create and foster trust.
- We believe working with competence, in consultation and in partnership with others, is the best way to serve those within and outside the Presbyterian Center.
- We believe we do our best and most productive work when we are encouraged to use our individual gifts, talents and creativity in the achievement of our shared goals and objectives.
- We believe a balanced life, with time for work, leisure and spiritual nurture, makes us healthier and more productive colleagues at the Presbyterian Center.
- To create a culturally proficient, healthy church corporation, the employees at the Presbyterian Center will strive to work in a manner consistent with our shared values.
- We will keep our values before us and integrate them into our daily lives.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action
The Presbyterian Mission Agency engages in employment policies and practices that promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. In developing the Staff Handbook, the Presbyterian Mission Agency is guided by the Book of Order, the policies of the General Assembly, the Churchwide Plan for Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action, Cultural Proficiency Standards of Behavior and applicable federal, state and local laws and executive orders related to equal opportunity in employment.
All employment policies and practices, including recruiting, selection, benefits, compensation, performance appraisals, promotion, transfers, discipline, training and separation, will be administered without discrimination based upon race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, creed, protected disability status, citizenship status, genetic information, uniformed service (e.g., U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard) or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or veteran status, or religious affiliation (except where a category is determined to be a bona fide occupational qualification), or other characteristics protected by law.
The Presbyterian Mission Agency acts affirmatively to expand employment opportunities that contribute to a diverse workforce. The Presbyterian Mission Agency voluntarily sets goals for itself regarding equal employment opportunities for women and racial/ethnic persons and reviews and reports on progress toward meeting these goals to the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
Employment of the staff of the Presbyterian Mission Agency is at-will and may be terminated at any time with or without cause and with or without notice, by either the staff member or Presbyterian Mission, except for discriminatory reasons.