The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) invites you to take the SNAP/Food Stamp Challenge. The resources below have been prepared to assist you in this spiritual undertaking.
Frequently Asked Questions about the SNAP/Food Stamp Challenge
- Read The Will to Resolve the Challenge of Hunger by the Rev. J. Herbert Nelson.
- Use the Just Eating? Practicing our Faith at the Table curriculum (6 weeks).
- Jumpstart your community garden with the Garden Safe Garden Well Guide & customize with your own local resources in minutes.
- Create a community garden or other faith-based initiative using the Food Sovereignty for All Handbook for guidance.
- Read and share with others in your congregation Food and Faith Practices: Learn, Live, Lead handout.
- Learn about current issues by following the Food and Faith Blog.
- Sign up for the monthly Food Justice e-newsletters.
- Global Food Crisis Fast Materials
- Worship service of World Hunger
- For kids: A Day in the Life
SNAP/Food Stamp Challenge Daily Devotions
Helpful meal planning websites: