- Take the Challenge (November 17 - 23, 2013)
- Pray and use the SNAP/Food Stamp Challenge devotional
- Screen “A Place at the Table” (available on Netflix)
- Give to the SNAP/Food Stamp Challenge Fund
- Contact Congressional representatives
- Call or visit the local office of your Congresspersons to share your concern about reducing this safety net in your community. As Congress considers drastic cuts to this safety net, send letters to Congress electronically through the PC (USA) Office of Public Witness.
Instead of this being an isolated week in your life, we pray that it may be an experience that transforms you and others through you. Use these resources and activities to get involved in opportunities to create a more sustainable food system in which folks are less dependent upon SNAP in the U.S. and in which small farmers the world over are able to provide food for their communities and countries.