Student loans and managing your debt
BY AUBURN SEMINARY
Considering seminary? Currently attending? This 30-minute video from Auburn Seminary explores financial aid from the perspective of five recent graduates, sharing their financial journey through seminary.
There is no one size fits all solution to financial aid, but there are some basic things that every student should do.
- Know how much educational debt you currently have and what your repayment obligations are, visit National Student Loan Data System.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Apply to your seminary for aid.
- Seek assistance from family and friends, as well as foundations (try Fund Finder), church and presbytery.
- Plan to live like a graduate student now — make a budget and reduce living expenses.