Presbyterian Study Grant and Supplemental Grants for Seminary Students
For theological students preparing to serve in a PC(USA) congregation. The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) theological grant programs include:
- Presbyterian Study Grant
- Racial Ethnic Supplemental Grant
- Native American Supplemental Grant
- Presbyterian Women — Women of Color Grant
Eligible applicants must be full time M.Div. or M.A.C.E. students attending a PC(USA) related seminary. M.Div. students must be enrolled as Inquirers or Candidates by PC(USA) presbyteries before the application deadline to be considered for an award.
Supplemental Grants are awarded to Presbyterian Study Grant (PSG) selected students with need who meet the restrictions for the supplemental grants.
Presbyterian Study Grant guidelines
Presbyterian Study Grant is no longer accepting new applicants for 2013-2014. Awards for 2013-2014 will be announced to applicants after Presbyterian Study Grant reading committee meets on July 30-31 and no later than August 30. Applications for 2014-2015 will be released on April 1, 2014.
- Be a member of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- The Presbytery’s Christian Education Certification Advisor must recommend M.A.C.E. students.
- M.Div. students entering years 1 and 2 must be an Inquirer or Candidate
- M.Div. students entering year 3 must be a Candidate
- Normally enrolled full time at one of the following related seminaries: Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Columbia Theological Seminary University of Dubuque Theological Seminary, Johnson C. Smith Theological Seminary, Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary, McCormick Theological Seminary, Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, Princeton Theological Seminary, San Francisco Theological Seminary, Union Theological Seminary and Presbyterian School of Christian Education, Auburn Theological Seminary (Union Theological Seminary of New York), Evangelical Theological Seminary of Puerto Rico.
- First professional degree required for church vocation — students who have a M.Div. or M.A.C.E. and are working on a second degree will not be considered for award. Dual degree students will only be considered for the portion of their education that is in the M.Div. or M.A.C.E. program.
- The Office of Financial Aid for Studies will evaluate and determine need based on the seminary’s standardized budget, the student’s EFC, and aid awarded. To be considered the student must complete a FAFSA and apply to the seminary for financial aid.
Range of award
- Presbyterian Study Grant: $1,000.00—$4,000.00
- Racial Ethnic Supplemental Grant: $500.00—$1,000.00
- Native American Supplemental Grant: $500.00—$1,500.00
- Presbyterian Women — Women of Color Grant: $1,000.00—$3,000.00
No longer accepting applications for 2013-2014
Application for 2014-2015 will be available on April 1, 2014