Sign up to participate in the Environmental Ministries Action Network
Are you active in an eco-justice ministry in your church or presbytery? Are you a part of your Presbyterian congregation’s earth care efforts? Are you interested in receiving and then spreading information, news, resources, and opportunity for Presbyterian environmental ministries? If so, please join the Environmental Ministries Action Network (EMAN). Participants in EMAN will work with their churches and/or presbyteries to care for God’s creation. Environmental Ministries will be in regular communication with EMAN participants to provide them with tools and resources for this work through email.
The goal of EMAN is to inspire and equip Presbyterians to care for God’s earth and to increase the channels of communication between Presbyterian Hunger Program’s Environmental Ministries and congregations and presbyteries with environmental stewardship programs.
In addition to connecting to the national Presbyterian offices that do environmental ministries, you may also be interested to learn about the grassroots (non-profit) Presbyterian community, Presbyterians for Earth Care, and also the main ecumenical roundtable at which PC(USA) sits, Creation Justice Ministries (formerly the National Council of Churches’ Eco-Justice Programs). These are two different, “sister” networks to EMAN!
What are the Benefits of Participation in EMAN?
- Regular email updates from Environmental Ministries with information on new resources, upcoming events, advocacy opportunities, and more.
- Receive a guide for being involved in environmental stewardship in your church/presbytery.
- Receive a list of other EMAN participants in your presbytery.
What is Expected of EMAN Participants?
- Publicize new resources, programs, events, and Earth Day Sunday resources from Environmental Ministries in your presbytery and church.
- Connect with other EMAN participants in your presbytery.
- Update Environmental Ministries on how your church and/or presbytery are involved in environmental stewardship.
Yes! Sign me up to participate in the Environmental Ministries Action Network.
* Indicates required information