This page offers a sample of earth care programs, curriculum, and experiences for Christian education as well as best practices and helpful hints to "try this at (your) home (church)!"
- God's Creation: Our Health, Taking Action Together (for older elementary)
- Just Eating? Practicing Our Faith at the Table (middle school version). Hard copy version, click here.
- Vacation Bible School from Synod projects: Living Waters for the World, and Solar Under the Sun
- To peruse an ecumenical review of available curriculum, click here.
- 5 session VBS or children's class by New Community Project, available here.
- Faith Questions: God's Creation leader's guide
- Food Justice Fellows network in Presbyterian Hunger Program
- Being Reformed: Stewardship of Creation participant book and leader's guide
- Lent 4.5
- Season of Creation (worship and education resources)
- Northwest Earth Institute's Seeing Systems: Peace, Justice and Sustainability
General Resources from Webinar
- Monday May 12, 2014: "Earth Care in Christian Education" Webinar. At minute 3, Daisy Rhau begins the children's presentation. At 17:20, Erin Pratt begins the youth presentation. At 33 minutes, Vickie Machado goes over the Eco-Stewards program. At 40:50, William Seaman explains the adult education initiatives at his church.
- From the May webinar, the overall powerpoint for Earth Care in Christian Education, click here.
- For the prezi on children and Hunter Presbyterian Church by Daisy Rhau, click here.
- For the prezi on youth and St. Luke Presbyterian Church by Erin Pratt, click here.
- For the prezi on young adult Eco-Stewards by Vickie Machado, click here.
- For the powerpoint presentation on adult education at Montreat Presbyterian Church by William Seaman, click here.
- Project Homecoming (New Orleans)
- Goodness Grows (food justice)
- Ferncliff Camp and Conference Center
- International hunger/poverty networks with Presbyterian Hunger Program and Joining Hands
- Rebuilding Appalachia (Housing Development Alliance or SWAP, and connect with mountain top removal organizations in the area.)