Share Your Christian Vocation Faith Stories
God moves in our lives. God works through other people and through situations and experiences, helping us learn ways that we can reflect God’s light in all parts of our lives. Some of God’s movements are easy to identify. Others are only noticed when we reflect upon them long after. Still others take more time to acknowledge.
When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. (I Cor. 13:11-12)
As a Presbyterian young adult, age 18-30, you have an opportunity to engage Faith2Faith in the ways God has moved in your own life – and that opportunity includes a chance to win a new iPad! Listen to the faith stories of others and record and submit your own. Watch this introduction.
Young adults (age 18-30) who are members of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) or who actively participate in a PC(USA)-sponsored ministry. Age and affiliation will be checked through an entry form available here [entry form attached] to be submitted along with the video.
- Use the discernment process and engage in prayer. Identify a time or experience when you sensed God’s movement in your life.
- Fill out the entry form and a video release (for each person in the video) and submit them to by email.
- Log in at the prompt on this page. You will need a gmail account.
- Create one video (four minutes or less) and submit it by March 28, 2013 in one of three ways*:
- Upload it directly from your computer
- Submit it from “My YouTube Videos”
- Record it using your webcam, clicking on "My YouTube Videos" and selecting it from your list to submit for approval
PLEASE NOTE: Videos will not appear automatically upon submission but upon approval from administrators. Submissions without an entry form or video release or videos that do not meet the criteria will not be posted on the Christian Vocation website and will, therefore, not be entered to win.
One entry that best demonstrates creativity and reflection on a moment when God’s movement in life was sensed will be chosen to receive a new iPad to assist in capturing these stories on a daily basis and a $200 contribution to a PC(USA) ministry Extra Commitment Opportunity (with suggestions provided). The winner will be notified on April 11, 2013.
*By submitting a Faith Story and an entry form you:
- Give the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), A Corporation and its related entities permission to use the video and all recordings submitted for the Faith Story Project.
- Allow your video to be used for any and all purposes of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), A Corporation and its related entities including use on their web page, cable and for broadcast use without re-submission to you for approval.
- Understand that third parties who/which access the PCUSA web pages can download your video and you release the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), A Corporation and its related entities from any liability to you.
- In the event that your video is selected to be posted on web sites operated by the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), A Corporation and its related entities you agree that you will ask anyone who appears on your video to execute a release form by which they give permission to the PCUSA and its related entities to post, display, and broadcast their image.
If you are uploading a video file or taking a video with a webcam, you must then click on "My YouTube Videos" and select it from your list to submit it to be approved.