The Presbyterian Mission Agency has produced a variety of short videos that may be useful in your presentations. Grow Christ’s Church Deep and Wide videos are available for download at www.pcusa.org/videos-deepandwide.
1001 Worshiping Communities
We are a church on fire and a new movement has been ignited. In these 12 short videos, you’ll be inspired by God’s love, witness others sharing the Word in new and powerful ways, and be equipped to take part in growing 1001 new worshiping communities within 10 years. For more info and resources, head to www.onethousandone.org.
“Your Partners in Ministry: An Introduction to the Agencies of the PC(USA)”
This 10-minute video presents a powerful introduction to the six General Assembly agencies that make up the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Told through the experiences of a small Texas congregation, you’ll see how all six agencies collaborated with church leaders and members to revitalize and bring new hope to this Presbyterian worshiping community. Get this video
Grow Christ’s Church Deep and Wide
This series of short videos lifts up a number of Presbyterian congregations that are growing in evangelism, discipleship, diversity, and servanthood.
- “Coming Home”—Servanthood is shown at its best when hurricane survivors and volunteers helping in the rebuilding efforts touch each other’s lives. Since 2005, more than 50,000 volunteer missions have cycled through Presbyterian Volunteer Villages and congregational hosting sites along the Gulf Coast. Get this video
- “Raising Up Leaders”—Bedford Central Presbyterian Church and Duryea Presbyterian Church in Brooklyn discovered an exciting new way to grow by sharing resources for ministry. Get this video
- “Sharing Jesus Christ”—Miami Korean Presbyterian Church found new life and answers to prayers as its people listened to God’s call and became active disciples of Jesus Christ in their Florida community. Get this video
- “Love of God for All Nations”—North Avenue Presbyterian Church in Atlanta embraces the fact that it sits on one of the most diverse corners in the country. Get this video
Mission and Ministry
Here are a sampling of videos from the Presbyterian Mission Agency’s ministry areas:
- “175 Years of Presbyterian World Mission”—World Mission continues its 175-year legacy of sending and supporting almost 200 mission co-workers in more than 50 countries around the world. Forming communities of mission practice with global partners and U.S. Presbyterians, Presbyterian mission co-workers address the root causes of poverty, share the good news of God’s love in Jesus Christ, and work for reconciliation within cultures of violence. Get this video
- “Compassion, Peace and Justice: Making God’s Community Livable for All” gives an encompassing look at the work of the programs that make up the Compassion, Peace and Justice ministry area. Get this video
- “Neema Means Grace”—A Bible study that began near Kansas City, Mo., became the PC(USA)’s first Swahili/English-speaking congregation. Get this video
- “All Together in One Place” introduces the work of the Racial Ethnic & Women’s Ministries.
- “Thinking, Praying, Living the Faith” invites you to a commitment to integrate theology, worship and ethics. Get this video
- Called by Our Baptism—Ministry is the vocation of all believers. Life is a journey of discerning and living out our calling, which begins with baptism. Get this video
- UKIRK Ministries is a new direction for collegiate ministries—reaching and teaching college students so that they may be lifelong followers of Jesus Christ. For more information, go to www.ukirk.org.
- “The Ripple Effect of Engage”—See how a new approach from Evangelism ministries powerfully impacts a local Charlotte, N.C., congregation. Get this video