Ideas for Presentation
As an ambassador for the Presbyterian Mission Agency, you get to share what God is doing in the world with your friends and fellow Presbyterians. This is a great opportunity to bear witness to Christ’s love and tell the stories of good and faithful mission and ministry work going on in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
Where to Present
There are all kinds of possibilities, from informal conversations over a cup of coffee to multimedia presentations to church groups. Here are a few to consider:
- Session meetings and mission committee meetings
- Presbytery meetings
- Minutes for Mission on Sunday mornings
- Church or presbytery mission fairs
- Civic and community organization meetings
- Presbytery education day or synod school
- Church dinners and gatherings of friends at home
What to Talk About
Find out what issues your audience is most interested in or passionate about. Global mission? How to grow the church? How Presbyterian mission work is funded? How to become an advocate on issues of justice, peace, or human fulfillment? How to become involved in restoring communities affected by disaster? Introduce discussions on issues pertinent to the audience. Here are some possibilities:
- Overview of the Presbyterian Mission Agency
- The Presbyterian Mission Agency inspires, equips, and connects the PC(USA) to serve Christ in the world through new and existing communities of faith, hope, love, and witness.
- Directional goals (Presbyterian Mission Agency strategy and work plan)
- Cultivate diverse transformational leaders.
- Encourage compassionate and prophetic discipleship.
- Ignite a movement to create 1,001 new worshiping communities.
- Engage young adults in reforming the church.
- Respond to and resource the General Assembly.
- Presbyterian World Mission
- Mission partners and programs
- Equipping the church for mission involvement
- Funding Presbyterian Mission